Starting from 1 April 2017, Astro announced that all its customers will have free access to Astro GO (previously known as Astro on the GO) app as part of their existing subscription.
The enhanced Astro GO was relaunched includes a refreshed interface, better features and more personalized content for each individual user.
Currently, the Astro on the Go app has 3.2 million downloads and 1.1 million registered users watching 215 minutes per week per user today. That’s some impressive number! With the refreshed brand name and app, Astro subscribers will now have 71 channels, 23,000 on demand titles from around the world via Astro GO, anytime, anywhere.
About Astro GO app
Some of the key features of the refreshed Astro GO includes:-
- Sleek simplified navigation including ability to filter content according to language or genre, and even to sort from A to Z or based on downloadable or recently released content.
- HD viewing on all Sports and Korean channels.
- Personalised Recommendation feature which is powered by deep machine learning as well as predictive analytics to automatically surface content that is personalized and more relevant to our Astro Go viewers.
- Simplified Home-Tab Bar (Home, Sports, Channels, On-Demand, Settings) for a more intuitive discovery of favourite channels and content.
- ‘Download2Go’ feature which allows users to download the desired movies to be viewed offline without requiring an internet connection or incurring additional data usage.
- Improve mobility so that users can now move room to room in their house, and view Astro from any connected devices when they are on the move.
- New Channels exclusively on Astro GO – Comedy Central for comedy fans; K-PLUS for those who have a never-ending appetite for Korean’s hottest drama series; and ANIPLUS for the latest Japanese anime and pop culture.
In the near future, there’ll be more features added to Astro GO such as 4 concurrent user access for each account, screen casting (ie, Chromecast) and many more.
As an added sweetener, from 1 April to 31 May 2017, all Astro customers who have registered and linked their Astro GO account can enjoy free viewing (excluding Pay Per View and Premium ala carte sports) of all TV channels and on demand content on Astro GO regardless of their package take up and entitlement.
Non-Astro customers who download the new Astro GO app will also have access to selected Astro channels during this period.
That’s not all!
From 25 April to 31 May 2017, all registered and linked Astro GO users can watch “La La Land” the Oscar nominated film featuring Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone for FREE via on demand.
To be honest, as a long time Astro subscriber, I have never used the Astro GO app. With the current promo, and upcoming FREE viewing of La La Land, I’m sold! 😎